2010/01/08

Preface: less than 30 seconds

Less than 30sec; the standing time of a metro in Tokyo, japan.
A metro in Tokyo is almost under the coverage of some wireless networks(WiFi/3G), so you can catch a signal while a train is stopping on the station.
But can you do anything worth in 30sec?
Of course, you can send a short message, authorize an account, or press F5-key to reload a page, but you will be in the out of service when you receive the reply.


In last month midle, I bought amazon Kindle2.
It has a wireless chip for the 3G wireless network, it's available in Japan.
It's amazing! No contract, no phone-number, no fee, no entry deposit, but the signal is living.

And I bought some books in the store and enjoy it.
A little displeasure is the store has no stock of Japanese book.
Okay I know that vertical flowing of Japanese does not fit Kindle2's screen and needs a large modification of the software.
Most book publishers in Japan would hate this, however, no surprising for me if Japanese is appeared in horizontal flowing nor lacking a ruby on a Kanji.
(for these, PDF is the powerful solution. unfortunately, Kindle2's PDF Reader is not totally good)

Not that I would say Kindle2 disappointed me.
I would like to read Japanese documents even if I take a metro.

So, this is a reason why I programmed the F's News Generator.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿